Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 14: She and I

For the penultimate word of the April Moon 2014 reflective writing challenge, we were tasked with focusing on COMFORT.  And for the sake of brevity, I'm going to create a Top Ten Comfort List, a-la (David) Letterman.

10. Being barefoot
9.  Delicious, moist cake! (judge me all you want; I find some comfort in food!)
8.  Sleeping
7.  Traveling
6.  Creating things (anything!)
5.  My friends
4.  Thoughts of/signs from my mother
3.  My dogs
2.  My family, especially my sisters and their children
1.  I find the most beautiful and heart-warming comfort in my wife.  I remember within the first year of dating, I told her how much I felt like she provided me with safety...Like I wanted to crawl into her skin and just rest there for a bit because she provided my THAT calm (of course I know that sounds creepy, but there is no other way to describe the feeling I had). She provides me the same energy I [used to] get from my mother.  She makes me feel like nothing can happen to me in her arms.  Perhaps, I don't say it as much as I wish, but comfort truly is she and I! There is absolutely no mistake in our joining and the fact that we will both bring a lil being into the world together... And, they, too, will experience that comfort soon.  <3



I wish you all a happy lunar eclipse tonight and new moon tomorrow!  Make your comforting wishes and may they all come true.

2 comments:

  1. What a yummy list! It feels good just reading it.
    We have one more day of April Moon tomorrow, Laz. Then a final post/email to thank you and mention what's next. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally get to respond to your comments!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for being thoughtful and reading all the entries and making such amazing comments. I couldn't log in correctly in the past to properly acknowledge your remarks; so, thank!

      hehehe... I'm glad you have enjoyed the writing thus far... I don't find it to be of great depths or even prolific, but just rambles that come from me. I have been so happy to be part of the writing challenge; I achieved a goal. Thank you for inviting us into your world, as well.

      Delete